0

I am a recent college graduate who has tried almost everything to lose weight. I am a pretty active gal, so exercise was not the problem. I ate a normal American diet, addicted to coffee and indulged in fast food maybe once every other week. I am speaking in past tense because I no longer do such things so I can maintain my current figure.
Waist training made me lose 4 inches in a little over a month. Ever since I started waist training, I have gotten into the habit of keeping fit and juicing often. This is my review on waist training and how it worked for me.
The Product:
Most of us would give almost anything to get that hourglass shape, but what are our options? Celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Jessica Alba have introduced this new thing that has helped them lose weight post pregnancy. The buzz has been high, but so has the criticism. Critics have been raving about the idea of the new found waist trainers! So what exactly is a waist trainer? A waist trainer is a latex/rubber waist garment that constrains your waist and holds heat around your waist area (Not similar to a corset.) They come in different sizes and types. Waist training is a gradual process of waist reduction using a waist cincher, (trainer). The question I was asking is, does waist training work?
Some of you may be skeptical on what a waist trainer is. Many confuse 21st century waist training with the old school waist training. The practice was very popular in the Victorian times but has been something that has come back by popular demand. The oldies used leather and lace corsets with over 24 steel bones, that basically restrain your waist ridiculously. A waist cincher is basically the 21st century version of a waist corset. Now you may ask, is waist training safe? Let's check out the pros and cons.
Pros vs Cons
Pros:
  • Instantly reduces waist by 4 inches.
  • Has thermal areas on it to increase sweating on your core area.
  • Helps posture and back.
  • Psychologically encourages you to lose weight.
  • Minimizes food consumption.
Cons:
  • Shortness of breath the first week.
  • Hard to move around with the first week.
  • Waist area can get uncomfortably hot.
  • Extreme use can cause temporary health problems.
After reading so many waist training reviews and articles, I was a little skeptical due to the negative vibe. That did not stop me from experimenting though. Based on the pros and cons I mentioned, I believe my waist trainer worked wonders! Some critics and journalists have made a point that corsets have been proven to physically damage a woman's body, causing intestines to, for lack of a better term, "squeeze" together and injure in the stomach region. The key point is the term corsets, not polyester or latex waist cinchers. I do believe that wearing a hard, steel- boned corset could potentially damage a woman's body for the rest of her life, but not a latex/rubber waist trainer due to the elasticity and agility. After owning a corset, I have come to seriously appreciate the flexibility in my latex waist trainer. Corsets often left me feeling winded, out of breath and deeply uncomfortable. The steels bones within the corsets typically leave dents and scars on the torso and can take up to three days to dissolve. Long story short, wearing a steel bone corset sucked. The thing I liked about using my waist trainer is the fact that over time, the trainer reduced water weight, suppress my appetite and is very maneuverable. I personally wear my waist trainer at least 4 hours a day. I begin my days by putting my waist trainer on and then, my usual exercise gear. Sometimes, if I'm preparing to sweat a lot, I'll put clothes on first to avoid having to clean my waist trainer directly. The waist trainers are flexible and allows me to bend and stretch during my exercise routines, which is great for my waist training exercises.
Who is waist training for?
I believe waist training is for any lady who is either looking to lose weight or shape there waist. Most mothers like waist training because it helps them lose baby weight, post pregnancy. Most mothers have found that waist trainers helps boost their confidence and motivates them to eat less and work out more often. I have personally experienced that mothers often spend so much time caring for their children and households that they barely have time to exercise as often as they'd like to. Waist trainers can be worn throughout the day and are flexible enough to carry out daily routines. They are tight enough to give you the hourglass shape underneath your clothes and lose enough to allow you to bend. Plus a quick waist exercise with it on is highly effective than a long waist slimming exercise without.
Working hard is part of our everyday lives! Our feet and our backs hurt after spending hours standing or even sitting. Waist shapers hold your back upright, giving you a naturally beautiful posture. I experienced the difference when I started wearing it to the office. Let's just say it redefines the term "sitting upright."
How to use a waist trainer.
One thing for sure, is that you cannot just wear a waist trainer and expect magical results. Yes wearing it, in itself, will enable you to eat less, will sweat your waist and help your posture, but for long term results, you need to work. Exercising is important especially waist training exercises. Watching what you eat is also important. Waist training automatically decreases the amount you consume, but you should still watch what you eat.
My personal results
None the less, my before and after corset training compared to my before and after waist training was completely different. The first week of waist training with a waist cincher was horrible. Given the fact that it was the summer, I couldn't stand the heat around my waist. It was hard to do some activities and I was just overall mean. My husband called me "the one who shall not be named" for a while because he felt like I was evil for the first few days. I then combined my waist training with juicing and working out then things started changing. After a month and a half I had lost over 4 inches off my waist and it felt amazing.
Final rating: Highly recommended
The only thing I did not like is how uncomfortable it was in the beginning, and the frustration. Women always do uncomfortable things to better themselves so I managed to persevere. It worked in my experience and if you are serious and willing to try it, it will work for you. Waist training with a waist cincher is one I would recommend to every lady looking to get an hour glass figure.

Post a Comment

 
Top