0

I remember it well. I had just broken up with my first love, and I was heartbroken. I could see no future without her, and I was convinced that she was the only one who could ever truly love me. You see, I was overweight. And not just a few pounds, but really overweight. I started dating her just after I graduated high school, and at the time I was around 330 pounds. I just knew that no other girl could
ever find me attractive due to my size. I was in misery for over a year trying to get over her before I decided to solve this problem the way I solved everything in my life, with my brain.
I had always heard the same advice from others when it came to relationships. Be yourself, believe in yourself, or simply have confidence seemed to be the only tips anyone could give. At the time, I refused to believe it was that easy. In my mind there was no way just being me would be enough, I wasn't rich, successful or handsome enough to easily get girls and I just knew it. However, since I had just gone through my first ever serious breakup, I was willing to do some research with an open mind. I began a several year-long journey trying to figure out the root cause of our breakup. At the time what I found shocked me, but now, it just makes so much sense.
At first I was Googling terms like "relationship advice," and "how to cheat-proof your relationship," since that is what ultimately caused me to end it with her. Fairly quickly, I saw an article that would change how I was going about my search. It simply said that since I was a guy, I was already familiar with what goes on in the heads of one half of the relationship, I simply needed to figure out the other half. So that led me to researching how women think, and why they do what they do in a relationship. It was enlightening. I had spent so much time trying to do and be what I find attractive that I didn't even consider what a woman would think or that is may be different from what I thought.
Finally, I was on to something. I knew that a guy finds a girl attractive due to her appearance. He focuses on something physical, and even though he will be attracted to her for more than that if the relationship lasts, it takes a physical attraction to get things started. What I didn't know was that women can be physically attracted to a man because of his personality, his humor, or his intellect. This had never occurred to me because I do not have this ability. All a guy has to do to make a girl like him is be himself. Have some confidence in who you are and what you do well and women will have a lot more respect for you and be more attracted to you than if you pretend to be something you think they will like.
So there it is. The "dumbest" advice that I ever received was actually the best. So, if you have issues with women, if you think you aren't rich enough, famous enough, or handsome enough to get the girl, think again. Be confident. Have faith in yourself and let the real you shine through. That doesn't mean that every girl you like will like you back. You may get rejected. It happens. Just know that whenever a girl turns you down it is her loss, and you find someone better. If you are confident enough to believe that, you will never remain single for very long.

Post a Comment

 
Top